Atomicvelvetsigh and B. Fred have both tagged me with a meme. The first one I'm supposed to list 5 random or weird things about myself, and the other, 6 inconsequential things about myself. I'm cheating and combining the two, so I won't run out of things to say. I've already listed 7 with a previous meme. Here are 6 more to add to the list.
- I like to sleep with Freddie Teddy and Snuggles [pictured above] every night. They don't snore, fart, or steal the covers, and I can actually get a good night sleep.
- I have a pet dragon I've named Vladimir, who helps protect my computer from viruses. Really! He was named after a sign painting friend of mine, who past away a few years ago. He was an interesting guy. Maybe one day I'll write a post about him.
- Which brings me to the next one... I was a sign painter for fifteen years. I started my own sign company when I was 19 years old. It was called Sign Illusions. Now, if anyone had a chance to look at my previous list of random facts, you'd see that I'm dyslexic. I can't tell you how many times over the years, I painted letters and numbers backwards. I'm happy to be out of that line of work.
- I am known as Lead Foot Lori to many of my friends. I personally think they're being a little over dramatic. On Wednesday, though, I was picked to serve on a jury for traffic court. The defendant was obviously guilty, but I could not look at him when they read the unanimous verdict. I felt like such a hypocrite. I felt guilty all day.
- I love my little Honda Civic. It's the first car I've owned that everything on it works, including the a/c. Many people don't know how I've been able to go this long in Houston without a/c. You just get used to it. I should be just a spoiled as everybody else, though, by the end of this summer. It's going to be my first summer with a car that has a/c. Ironically, the thing I like about it the best is that it will turn on a dime. I can take hairpin curves at 40 mph. Woohoo! [you can see how long my guilt lasted]
- And finally, I hate eating the stringy white stuff on citrus fruits like oranges. People think I'm a bit obsessive with the way I peel it all off. I really like peeling it off, though. Playing with my food seems to have a mind numbing effect.
Now it's time to tag others. I tag Mary, Imperfect Nerd, Carol Rose, Karen and Lynda. Some of these people may already have a post for this one, as I may be tagging them for the second time.