Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Illustration Friday: Fortune


It's two weeks too late. This is so frustrating. I have so many ideas and no time to work on them. I had some ideas for Illustration Friday's Polar also, but probably won't get around to them. Below is my first idea for this topic. It's so corny that I should explain myself...


It was Sunday, April 15th. I had just finished giving the IRS my life savings. A local pizza joint arranged for a free copy of our local newspaper to be delivered to my door, which always brightens a melancholy day for me because I like reading the comics. [If any of my clients are reading this, I can't imagine how the local pizza joint got my home address on their list, wink, wink.]

I came across an article about the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie. For those who have never heard of it, it's an animated series on Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network, and the main characters are a shake, order of fries, and a meat wad. The article called the movie "an order of absurdity - supersized". I love all these off-the-wall, ridiculous, so stupid it's funny cartoons, so I forced myself to read something besides comics and actually read the article. It quoted the maker of the cartoon as saying, "the film's real message, however, is that movies are easy to make and anyone can do them in their basements...".

"Ok," I say to myself, " I'm in the wrong line of work!" Especially when you consider my love for pizza. That's the inspiration for this post. Don't worry. I won't be quitting my job any time soon.

No comments: