Mrs. Rabbit is discovering that the abuse and rape from her childhood is still affecting her.
Here are some interesting dream image symbolisms.
- Stairs: changes and transformations, the bottom is the unconscious, the top consciousness, landings are the dreamer's energy centers.
- Neck: connection between mind and heart.
- Death: a necessary end has come and there's a need to come to terms with it, or a limit has been reached and the dreamer doesn't know how to go beyond it, or something is dying inside.
- Dead person: unconscious incidents.
- Insects: deeply rooted unconscious content, a sign of nervousness and unconscious fears, a warning against living carelessly. [not sure about mating insects, the image just seem to fit the poem below]
- Rabbit: weak and fearful, needs protection.
Push it in until I choke
Shove it down my throat
To you love is just a jaded joke
On a more intellectual note
Dominate to have your way
Twisting everything I say
Complaining about the way I play
Belittling me where I lay
My fear is just a "cop out"
"For something I don't want to do"
Build a bond that's easily thrown out
Like broken rules in search of truth
Sex isn't that important to love
But can create it without trust
We underestimate the power of
An act that begins with lust
I can't believe I've come back to this
I thought I had gotten over it
After years of marital bliss
I'm like a dog returning to it's vomit