Sunday, October 28, 2007

Photo Friday: Silence




Which one, if any, do think best pictures silence?

Empty Place, Silent Home

An empty chair, an empty place,
And in my heart an empty space.
An empty chair, an empty bed,
But the loneliness fills my head.

A silent door, and silent halls;
Still I hear your footsteps through the walls.
A silent door, a silent home;
There's no one to depend on now that you're gone.

Disturbing the silence is the ringing of the phone,
And the chatter of the answering machine as I cry,"leave me alone!"
Everyone depends on me; I have no one to turn to,
So I cling to this empty house and dream of loving you.

They want me to sell this place where I hide,
Where I keep all the memories of you safely inside.
They want me to be there for them, I feel used.
They say I need to move on and think I've nothing to lose.

An empty chair, a silent door.
Without this place, I've nothing to live for.
An empty bed, a silent home.
Never before have I been so alone.

I wrote this back in Feb. of '04.

3 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! That's a lot of silence, heartfelt. Super pix and poem! Mary :-D

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I only see one picture, are there supposed to be two?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

There is one little box with nothing in it and a picture.