Sunday, March 2, 2008

Illustration Friday: Leap



Fat with life and joy,
They gracefully dance their way
Through the emotional waves
Of a sacred sea.

Reaching the heights and depths
Of spiritual thought
With each glorious leap skyward
And each masterful plummet back to the mysterious deep.

I'm being led by someone unseen,
Swimming with currents and tides
Through rocks gently flowing,
And the dolphins want to play with me.

We arrive at a beautiful resort
Tucked away in a cove
On the alee side of a peninsula,
With the other side facing the sea.

They follow me with enthusiasm,
Because I'm the emissary
Of an unusual food that expands
When doled out to feed many.

To a worker at the resort, I say,
"Because of their ability to speak to nature
Feed the dolphins first,
These are the instructions I carry."

"Next feed the native people,
Because they are part of nature,
Then feed the locals,
Because they transplanted freely."

"Last, feed the outsiders,
Their needs won't be ignored,
But priorities must be set
In order to live together peacefully."


I cheated on this picture... the dolphins aren't my photographs. The rest is. I don't have any photos of dolphins. I wish I did. Hopefully one day I will, but in the meantime, I wanted to work on this dream. I think I might redo this one in pastels.

5 comments:

studio lolo said...

wonderful words and magical photo collage. Beautifully done!

bluerose said...

Thanks Studio Lolo!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Magical definitely is word for this, very cool, super colors.

bluerose said...

Thanks Mary! this dream was very inspirational.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

re-enjoying this.