Sunday, March 23, 2008

Trying to Find What's Lost

My post Life in the Sign Business is going to be included in next month's issue of Blue Print Review. Check out the latest issue. It has some very interesting articles and photos. In the meantime, I've been trying to find my artistic self, like I mentioned at the end of that post. Still working on Spring Cleaning, I decided to go back to my high school days when I loved to draw, and try a style I really liked back then [the first picture below]. I'm still not happy with it, so I pulled out my old high school sketch book to compare.



!!!OMG! I got a good laugh when I held this up to a mirror and realized those are the lyrics to a Black Sabbath song written backwards.



I was not a happy child!



What on earth possessed me to draw this?! I vaguely remember drawing it, but can't imagine why.



Well this little trip down memory lane has been enlightening. It's inspired me to write about my childhood, but I think what I've written is too long to post here in this blog [over 5000 words]. If I were to ever write a book, it would probably be the first chapter. If nothing else it's been therapeutic.



I couldn't resist a photoshop version.

No comments: